Here at Primary QuEST we are committed to ensuring quality play opportunities are available for all our children. We believe that play is essential for physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual development of each child. Most of our best childhood memories are from playing outdoors, climbing trees and exploring the wide world around us. OPAL gives us the opportunity to give those memories to your children. OPAL (Outdoor Play and Learning) is all about using naturally and man made resources to allow children to be inspired and creative at lunchtime.
What does this mean for us?
- Happier children
- Children coming into class ready to learn
- A fully inclusive playtime offer
- It allows children an opportunity to be creative and make decisions
- Children develop independence and resilience skills
- Increased social skills
…. and most importantly lots of fun!
The Primary QuEST academies have all begun their OPAL journeys. We envisage it will take 12 to 18 months to fully develop our play offers. We will be posting lost of updates and news about the projects as it moves forward.
There are four OPAL working parties in place across our academies.
- a member of the senior leadership team
- a class teacher (OPAL lead)
- play team (formally midday supervisor team)
- a member of the local advisory team
OPAL - what the pupils say...
"I can't wait for lunchtimes - my favourite day is when we get to choose from the loose parts shed. Normally we are using the dressing up outfits and racing around in suitcases!"
Eloise, Year 4